Reporting pollution

Complaints about pollution should be made to your local council. Find out how to make a complaint.

We do not respond to pollution reports.

To make a pollution report, your first contact should be to your local council.

You can select which council you want to contact from the following list of local councils in New Zealand:

Local councils in New Zealand - Internal Affairs website

Raising concerns with us

If you have raised concerns with your local council about an environmental regulated by the RMA and you believe they have not taken the appropriate action, or have not started any enforcement action, you can contact us.

We will need you to provide  details of the pollution incident and a summary of what you have done to communicate your concerns with your local council.

Email us at