Tauhei Solar Farm
A referred project to construct a solar farm in Te Aroha, Waikato.
Invited comments on application
Invited comments on draft conditions
Harmony Energy NZ Limited has applied to construct a solar farm in Te Aroha, Waikato.
The project comprises:
- solar panels, arrays, mounting structures, and poles covering approximately 182 hectares of the project site
- a power station
- underground electricity cables
- ancillary buildings, structures, and infrastructure
- a 7-hectare wetland to be created within the project site
- ancillary underground cabling from the solar farm to the boundary of the Waihou substation at 40 Mikkelsen Road, Te Aroha
- the operation of the solar farm to supply electricity to the national grid.
On 11 February 2022, Schedule 42 was inserted into the COVID-19 Recovery (Fast-track Consenting) Referred Projects Order 2020 (the referral order), by clause 4 of the COVID-19 Recovery (Fast-track Consenting) Referred Projects Amendment Order (No 3) 2021.
This was to give effect to the above decision, pursuant to Section 26 of the COVID-19 Recovery (Fast-track Consenting) Act 2020.