Get advice from one of our specialist teams, follow us on social media or visit us in person.
|Contact details||Physical address||Postal address|
Phone: +64 4 916 2426
Fax: +64 4 914 0433
Grant Thornton House
215 Lambton Quay
Private Bag 63002
We've recently launched our new website, which can take a bit of getting used to. If you spot a problem or would like to be directed to your area of interest, please get in touch.
If you have a question about your application, get in touch with our careers team.
Official Information Act requests
Find out about the Official Information Act (OIA) or make a request
Contact Kaupapa Kura Taiao, the EPA’s Māori Policy and Operations group, for advice on engaging with Māori.
For all technical queries on hazardous substance applications and compliance:
Freephone (within New Zealand): 0800 429 7827 (0800 HAZSUBS)
- Applications: HSapplications@epa.govt.nz
- Compliance: HScompliance@epa.govt.nz
- Explosives: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hazardous substance incidents: HSincidents@epa.govt.nz
- Hazardous waste: email@example.com
- Ozone-depleting substances: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Asbestos-containing products: email@example.com
Please get in touch with the New Organisms team with your questions.
If you are looking to make an application we recommend you talk to us as early as possible. We can help you pinpoint the scientific, technical and risk management issues you will need to address in your application.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: +64 4 474 5591
- Facsimile: +64 4 914 0433
You can get in touch with us with any question about emissions trading, including the Scheme and the Register.
- Freephone (within New Zealand): 0800 CLIMATE (0800 254 628)
- Phone from overseas: +64 3 962 2708
- Facsimile: +64 4 978 3661
- Emissions Trading Register: email@example.com
- ETS participants: firstname.lastname@example.org
- ETS industrial allocations: email@example.com
Get in touch with Nationally Significant Proposals team.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Get in touch if you have any questions about undertaking activities in the Exclusive Economic Zone or Continental Shelf.
- Freephone (within New Zealand): 0800 208 338
- Phone from overseas: +64 4 916 2426
- Email: email@example.com
To report spills of harmful substances in New Zealand marine waters beyond 12 nautical miles from shore:
- Phone: 0508 472 269
- Email (monitored during business hours): firstname.lastname@example.org